Sunday, August 28, 2016

Determined



This is it.  This has to be it.  I have to get my manuscript done.  So much of my soul has been consumed by stressing about getting this manuscript done.  I have yet another due date I set myself to get the editing done, to submit it to the editor.  I remember something my master's thesis advisor told me: there's good, and there's done.

It was disheartening when I received more feedback from the person who has been reading my manuscript.  And it sounds like she straight up doesn't like it.  At the same time, I know there are people who do like it.  She's clearly not the target audience.  I have to accept I'm not going to please everyone.  I will take her feedback and use it as much as it fits into my vision of my story.  But not now.

Right now, I need to finish what I started in turning the whole manuscript from first-person to third-person.  I need to make it as good as it can get in a handful of days.  Then I need to send it to the editor.  I can take their feedback and hers and polish it as much as possible before I send it in for publication...again.  It's still far from done, far from perfect.  But my plate is filling up quickly.  If I don't get it done now, it may be months before it gets done.  I can't keep dragging my feet.  I have to get this done.  Someone out there needs my tale of healing, the story of a woman trained in helplessness fighting her way to self-confidence.  I need to get it to that person.  And the next step is this: getting it done and to the editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment