Sunday, December 31, 2017

Bummer


I started the week (well, the day after Christmas) on a bummer note.  I finally heard back from the agent only to be told with no explanation that she would not represent Doomimals, my chapter book series.  Not the news I hoped for, certainly.  I sent a follow-up email asking for an explanation, so I would know what route to take next, whether to an editor or another agent.  I heard nothing back, which is not helpful.  At least the last refusal came with an explanation. 

So I decided to try something entirely different.  I sent it next to a local publisher that publishes everything from adult fiction on down to children's.  Another branch of the publishing company may eventually be able to publish my romantic fiction, so I could see this being productive.  On the other hand, my confidence is sort of shot because I have no idea if I was refused based on the quality of the prose, based on the agent's limitations, or on something else again.  Just as I begin to get my hopes up, they're dashed again.  Someone did remind me the self-publishing route exists as well as the idea that Rowling tried to publish her Harry Potter manuscript several times before it found a home.  It would just be nice to get past no and into at least maybe territory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment