Monday, July 18, 2016

Booboo



What does it take to keep a blonde busy?  As it turns out, just one false move.  Here's a major thou shalt not of editing that I learned recently:  Thou shalt not make any major editorial decisions when you're half asleep.  I tried this.  Bad idea.

I wanted to do something toward writing one busy day.  I was half asleep.  I'm trying to convert my first person novel to third person, so I don't have to balance my main male character's voice with my main female character's voice.  Then I can keep his voice and ignore that suggestion that I cut his perspective entirely.  But it's a lot of work and very tedious to go through and change every I, me, my, etc. to third person.

I decided in my groggy state to use the auto correct.  Then, of course, my computer was choking.  I had to reboot it.  Now, I can't undo the fact that I accidentally changed every me to him, when I meant to change them to her, and so I'm having to change every himssage back into message, himn into mean, and all such embarrassing and loony changes without the benefit of undo.  I would thump my head into a wall with frustration that I made even MORE annoying and tedious work for myself except then I'd damage the few brain cells I have left at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment