Sunday, June 12, 2016

Crossroads



I'm at a crossroads.  I have now finished the rough draft of book 2, Pigs Fly.  I would like to go through and work on my next reading through with my husband, who is a good writer in his own right.  He will help me add more humor, more snark, as well as more of the spiritual.  I have a willing audience, fans who have read my first book who have expressed an interest in reading the second.

On the other hand, I have a local editor who has given me a discount and will be putting my first book, After the Dream, on their summer schedule.  It needs to be refined and tweaked to the best of my ability before they look at it and tell me what else it needs.  And what if I make substantial changes that impact book two?  Is there any point in revising book two until I know what's going on with book one?

For now, I've been reworking short stories I wrote and won prizes on 14 years ago, thereby improving my editing skills as well as figuring out how my editing software works for when I tackle the big pieces.  The contest due date is tomorrow, so it's not like this delay will go on for much longer.  I suppose it's back to book one for me.  I just hope it doesn't take long.

No comments:

Post a Comment