Monday, June 28, 2021

(Almost) Full Time Writing

[Recovering from burnout-source]

It took me a while to recover from burnout from a very long, difficult school year.  Now, I'm trying to spend all the time I can, as close to full time as I can, rewriting the books and getting them ready for publication using the editor's feedback. During the school year, I gather up the few scraps I can and try to write a little bit.  But during the summer, I get real time. When I'm not teaching or transcribing (my two full or part time jobs during the school year, which become very part time jobs during the summer), I'm focusing all my time on writing. 

[Editing-source]

I'm now able to dig right into writing.  First, I'll go over the feedback I've received from various sources and make sure I know which direction I'm headed in, then I'll dig into each chapter, making sure I follow the right format and have at least one turning point per chapter.  Some chapters and even spans of book have to be completely rewritten.  It's not as fun as the freedom of writing in the first place, when a rough idea of what will happen that chapter guides me, and just about anything can happen.  But it's still gratifying to know where I've come from, where I'm going, and more about who these characters are and what they're doing over the course of these ten books and the next ten besides.  I'm making good progress and hope to make better progress still as I push through July.  I look forward to bringing you some actual published works soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment