Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Where Am I Now?


In some ways, shelter in place has made finding time to write easier.  I've lost a lot of work, so I have a lot more time on my hands.  On the other hand, I can't say I've used it as wisely as I could have.  I've been helping my boy work toward getting his first ten done.  He's now done with the first eight books in his series (plus his bonuses), and he's taking his spring break off to just enjoy his time.  He has a hard time focusing otherwise but doesn't enjoy anything quite so much as coming up with and writing stories down.

[An illustration of one of our crossover books, drawn by Ghostelle]

Meanwhile, I have just one more book waiting for its illustrations.  All others have been done, though some of them need a bit of polish I can give them now I've become better at digital art.  Also, I'm all but done with editing my book drafts for my beta reader, who is rapidly plowing through them and giving me feedback.  I'm hoping for some other feedback, but we'll see.


Also, I've been working on Scrivener skills.  Very shortly, I'll load all my world-building information into Scrivener as well as all books in my series and my boy's series.  We'll compare them back and forth and make sure the overall structure works.  We'll also be applying all editor, beta reader, and other feedback we've gotten.  That's the big thing that we need to do before we can proclaim ourselves done and get this first collection polished and into your hands.  We are shooting to do it before summer, but we'll see.  Stay tuned for further updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment