Sunday, September 8, 2019

Latest Chat with my Publisher

[An amazing drawing by Gostelle, my illustrator.]

I had a chat with my publisher recently, after my boy and I finished drafting the 15 chapter books in our first collection (the first nine in Doomimals plus a bonus backstory from a major character, and as an added bonus, the first three books in my son's Just Us Chickens series, a backstory for one of the chickens, and the first in another series he'll write, Key Lime Python.).  She's enthusiastic about my boy's clever, quick-thinking prose and would love for him to host a Roku-type TV series and possibly even be her co-host in another show.  First, I want to get our books edited before I can even start taking on another monster project.  She's working with so many serious projects that his whimsy and humor are a refreshing change of pace.

[illustration from one of the Just Us Chickens books]


 My struggle right now is to polish the books as well as I can then to find beta readers willing to give me feedback on the seven of my books for which I haven't found readers yet.  I want to make sure they're all polished as well as they can be.  The goal here is to help kids of that age fall in love with reading.  I really think my boy's books can do that, even better than mine.  If anyone wants to be a reader for any of my books, let me know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment