Sunday, February 26, 2017

This little piggie (one day soon) will go to market



I've been working on finishing the switch from first- to third-person with my second manuscript, Pigs Fly.  I wanted to get that done, so I could send it out to my beta readers and start getting feedback.  I want to get a nice slew of first-round, nonwriter feedback from friends to apply before I start sending it to my League of Utah Writers group a chapter or two at a time.  I didn't do this with my first manuscript because it was a little too personal, a little too religious, for the people I tend to find in League.  Also, I didn't know this handy dandy online-only group existed when I was sending it out to readers.  Now, I have global feedback to apply from a professional editor.  However, manuscript two is more conventional, something with which this group will do well.



In the meantime, I'll be launching into a hardcore reboot based on two sets of global feedback, one from a stellar writer from League and one from that editor.  I know the story from After the Dream needs to get out there, but I also know it's not ready yet for another submission to a publisher.  I'm so close to sending it in for consideration for publication that it drives me nuts.  I just need to work through the feedback.  I can do this.  And I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment