Sunday, January 29, 2017

Back into League



Along with the feeling of being just too overwhelmed to write much, I was also stricken with the absolute inability to stare at other's writing, as I do with League of Utah Writers.  I know I need to help others just as they help me.  I truly missed some of these stories and some of these writers.   But then there are those pieces that are just so painful that it's hard to push myself to read.  Even then, though, I know they need help.  They need outside eyes to help them see those issues they can't see when they're too close to their own writing.

Then again, I know my own writing has such issues.  Very few writers write so perfectly the first time that they don't need the help of fellow writers to see the weak characters, the slack narrative, the data dumps, and the poor dialogue snippets that sound great when they write them in the first place.  I know I need League as much as they need me.  I highly recommend other writers seek out a group like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment