Sunday, October 16, 2016

Seeking Motivation

                                                          (Time slipping by)

Every day, I mean to write in a meaningful way, or at least to use the feedback the editor sent.  Every day, it gets late by the time I finish everything else, and I only end up writing a bit on my middle-grade fiction novel or editing the sequel because it's less stressful and easier to take in small chunks.  And by the time I got to the end of the week and had a bit more time to myself, I was having vision problems...I was having a hard time seeing myself staring at a computer a moment longer than I had to.  When I was done with obligations, I was burned out from grading papers for teaching, answering emails, and doing all the other necessary functions as an online instructor.  I think I'll need to print the thing out, just to move forward with it.

This is the last big step before I can try to publish again.  I can do this.  Maybe I need to offer myself ice cream or a movie when I get it done because the ticking clock sure isn't helping.   Man, I'm so tired of editing.  I just want to write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment